Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Can you actually hear your own heart break?

Twenty-four hours ago I left my nephew Michael in his new apartment in Schaumburg Illinois. So can you actually hear your own heart break? Wow didn't think it would be so hard. Certainly with the abundance of technology and my whole family being such technological geeks...cell, text, email, Facebook, Skype...staying in touch is not an issue, but that said it was tough. Really tough. I recently blogged about not being a mother, and understanding that God had other plans for my maternal instincts such that they are, but it has also been very clear to me over the past year or so (or maybe 24 years) that I would be hard pressed to care about someone more than I do Mike. He is in a good place. Great new job, actually impressive new job. Beautiful apartment. A girl he loves, who loves him deeply (and is good for him.). I couldn't ask for more ... Other than still living 5 minutes from us so I could touch in, so he could drop by the office, so I grab him for an occasional dinner. Driving away I swear I heard my heart break and it still hurts.....guess that's why they have frequent flyer miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment